OIG chief executive Peter Murphy said the agency “looked into the situation as we knew it”.
The OIG had “taken a number of steps” to help reduce the delays, including: “reinstating all buses that were in service and had been in service before December 12; and”restoring the number of buses on the Oireachtas schedule that had been suspended”.
The OIE also said it had “reinstated all the buses on its schedule that were suspended and all buses to which we have already issued an order on the suspension of service, with a view to returning them to service as soon as possible”.”
The number of delays we’re experiencing right now is a number that we’re not even going to see in the foreseeable future.”
The OIE also said it had “reinstated all the buses on its schedule that were suspended and all buses to which we have already issued an order on the suspension of service, with a view to returning them to service as soon as possible”.
The number has now been restored to around 50 per cent of its original capacity.OIG chief of staff Brian O’Driscoll said the department has “totally restored the full capacity” of all buses on Oireach’s schedule.
He said the OIE is “committed to ensuring that every person on our schedule has access to a high-quality public transport system”.
Mr O’Drisci said the suspension was “an unprecedented event” and there is “no excuse for delays”.
He said Oiream has “done everything we can” to ensure the public transport network remains “fantastic”.
He added that there was “no reason why you can’t use this as a learning opportunity for our workforce, and the people who are currently on the road”.
Mr Murphy said “this is not an opportunity for people to be demoralised, it’s a time to be able to reflect on where we’ve been and what we’ve achieved”.
“What we’ve seen is that, in this context, we’ve managed to make the system work.”
We’ve made some changes and we’ve made a few improvements, and we will be moving forward in a sustainable way, not as a disaster, but as an opportunity.